Thursday, October 15, 2009

OINK

     Been super sick this week. Some sort of flu - probably swine, as we have all the symptoms of it. Just feels like a shitty flu. Haven't really been able to sleep, fever is unrelenting, even with medication, etc. I'm sure everyone at work is pissed at me by now.
     I finally got around to finding old friends and reconnecting with them. It's a great feeling to catch up with someone. Some people change, some don't. Being home for these few days has been interesting, to say the least. Haven't gotten much else done, I don't have the attention span for it when I have a raging fever.
     We renewed our Netflix subscription as part of our entertainment budget, and have been watching "Dead Like Me" which is an awesome show, and I'm sad I missed it while it was on. Dark, sarcastic humor - Right up my ally. I also saw Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas for the first time....I can see why it's a cult classic, I can't really see how it has any re-watchable value though. Coincedentally, some of those hallucinations have been my companions these past few sleepless nights! Yes, I am a bit behind the times when it comes to watching movies like that. I think in our mailbox right now we have "The Watchmen", I'm just to lazy to get dressed and stumble to the mailbox. I'll wait until the cover of dark...
     Am I the only one who is completely sick of watching the news or reading any news stories? All of them disgust me, and have for some time now. I know it's a pretty cliche thing to say that you can't believe what society has become, but reading some of these stories makes me want to burrow into a hole and never come out.
    I should start reading more of my Montessori books while I'm home, I just can't focus for more than 20 minutes at a time. Plus it is awfully dry material, it'll probably go right over my head.
Kid Quote - I recieved a phone call earlier today from one of my favorite kids.
"Miss Nena, everyone at school misses you. Get better soon and come back."