Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Other than crochet...

I realized I have a bunch of non-yarn-related craft projects waiting for me in the basement. I have a metal coffee table to repaint, a cool chalkboard-letterbox thing to refinish and repaint, and a small end-table to sand/refinish. It needs to warm up a little more to get rid of all of the snow outside so I can get to work on these things! You can be sure that once I'm working on them, you'll see pictures.

In the meantime, while it's been cold outside I've been experimenting with cooking. This is a very brave venture for me, as I'm the kind of person who burns EVERYTHING. I once ruined Ramen by forgetting what I was making part of the way through and I drained all the water and strained the noodles. Once I realized my mistake, I tried adding hot water from the tap. It didn't taste good. I had Papa Johns Pizza on speed-dial when I lived alone. All of the delivery people knew they'd be greeted with a cloud of smoke when I opened my apartment door. But I'm trying to fix all of that by making easy recipes and staring eagerly at my family while they eat, asking constantly "Is it good?"

Here's some awesome Sugar Lemon cookies I made. They were a little bit too-tasty, and disappeared shortly after I pulled them out of the oven. I made something edible AND delicious, yay!