Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Post-Christmas post

Christmas is a crazy time for a crafter. Suddenly those extravagant plans you had for a gift for loved one turns into "I have one hour to get this finished before I see them!" scenario. Well, that is, if you're like me. I seemed this year to have a pattern of crochet, frog half the project, then continue crocheting again. I know most people can't see that tiny little mistake BUT I KNOW IT'S THERE! In the midst of all of this I decided that I needed to make myself my first stocking!

                                                 Hand for reference - it turned out pretty big!

I reverse-engineered this pattern to make it: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stuffable-stockings Instead of doing another hexagon for the tip of the toe, I did a pentagon to give it a more rounded-shape. It also made it easier to sew on, as I wasn't left with one wonky side. Sewing it together was much harder than making the hexagons!